Thursday, October 22, 2009

A New Start

I have started this blog about my life post store, the things I am now making my first priority, my projects, my teaching (yes - I hope to continue to teach) and life in general.

First lets talk about where I have come from -- on Sunday we (I have a business partner) announced the closing of our scrapbooking store - after sending the email I received over a hundred heartfelt emails wishing us well - it made the whole thing very real to me in ways I wasn't prepared for. There were things I loved about the store and other things not so much - I am horrible at customer service - I don't enjoy it - my husband is continually shocked that this shocks me - lol! I enjoyed most of the people -- what i really enjoyed was teaching and having a place of my own to scrapbook and order the products that I love that are so hard to find. I haven't enjoyed the time away from home and this became magnified this fall when my oldest son started Grade One and is now in school everyday - if I teach at night or work until close on a Thursday or Friday it means the only time I had to spend with him is in the morning before school - as we rush out the door - this is not enough time with one of my favourite people. I will talk another time about my hate for mornings and lack of organization when it comes to all things early. It also means I could go a couple of days without spending any real time with my husband either. Sam is my youngest son and he doesn't start school for another year so we get to hang out during the day - but some (more than I cared for) of that time was spent at the store, doing errands for the store or with me on the computer doing store stuff.

The closing of the store is going to give me more time with the people that I care about, more time to get my life in order - confessions coming later - and more time for me! I will not be looking for a full time job - I am lucky in that I will likely be able to stay home - oddly this is something I have fought in the past but not I am really looking forward to it - I have agreed to look after two little kids during the day and will look for contract HR work but nothing full time.

Time for my confessions - my life is in disarray - my house is in chaos every room needs attention; every flat surface holds clutter and my scrapbooking stuff is everywhere. I have no meal plan, I am horrible at packing lunches my son will eat, I am over weight, not exercising and I am completely unorganized when it comes to everything. All of this is causing stress in my life and even more in my husbands life it all needs to be fixed.

Better run I hear a rambunctious three year old working on something upstairs and I better make sure it is harmless - anyway this is me and where I am today.

More later,

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment