Monday, November 2, 2009

Harder than I thought

I had my last class at the store last Wednesday - it was the Just Me Class - this year we have been using the Basic Grey Page of the Month Program. The class was much harder than I thought it would be - the store was already closed just the class was left. The Just Me Program had been running since April 2008. The five original members still coming - with 17 additional people some who have been with us since January and some who have joined more recently. I have learned so much about each of these members having helped them with their layouts and the subject content that made the most sense for them. They have become part of my life as well and not seeing them as often as I have is going to be more painful than I anticipated. I will miss our visits more than I thought I would - these are women who have left a permanent imprint on who I am and I am better for it - the combined strength of these women is something they should be proud of; the life experiences they have endured and thrived through is remarkable; if I only have a fraction of the strength of any one of these women I know I will be able to survive anything life has to throw at me. I was pleased that Ann was able to drop in I haven't see her in a while and I knew she already had her kit so I wasn't expecting her but was really please to see her. Not tearing up during this class was a challenge and I hope everyone realized that was the reason I may have appeared distant. The classes will continue in a different venue -- I hope they will be the same!

ttyl,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment